Are Healing Lasers a SCAM or the REAL Thing?
“Healing Laser quackery” DEBUNKED!
On May 23, 2011 Mr. A. posted a blog article about Healing Lasers, which is in dire need of correction due to his misinformation. If you are considering the possibility of investing in a Healing Laser then you deserve to be properly informed and educated beyond one mans self centered and self limiting view of the universe.
FIRST, He starts off his tyrade about low level lasers with a clearly negative bias due to an experience he has had with a single laser product over 3 years ago. This is a completely different product that is manufactured in a different country. He called the product a “decidedly quackish variant of LLLT, called “Bioptron”.”
The Rebutal: That Bioptron product has absolutely nothing to do with the dozens of other lasers, which have received an FDA clearance, Health Canada clearance and CE clearance for a significant range of conditions.
SECOND, Mr. A. ridicules the following writing style, calling it “fantasy physics meets fantasy medicine”. However, he clearly lacks education and an understanding of the history of medicine and how the body works. Mr. A. openly criticizes the following statement, calling it Fantasy Physics: “Western physics has finally caught up with what traditional Chinese medicine and most native traditions have been telling us for the last 5,000 years. Every living thing on the planet, including our bodies, is made up of energy, light energy.”
The Rebutal: It’s true that Chinese Medicine has been practiced for over 5,000 years. It’s also a fact that scientists have been able to map out the entire energetic field of the body along with the 360 major acupoints and 14 major meridians using radioactive isotopes and other modern technologies. A feat that was accomplished in unknown ways by the early healers over 5,000 years ago. An acupuncture point is likened to a small explosion of heat beneath the surface of the skin. Albert Fritz Pop, scientist reveals frequencies of chemical frequency. Bruce Lipton, author of “Biology of Belief” wrote that, “Cellular Biologists discovered that it’s the membrane of the cell that controls over 100,000 chemical reactions in a given cell that occur per second.” Research has shown that laser light supports ATP production at a cellular level.
FACT: Osmosis (transfer) of essential nutrients cannot occur across the cellular membrane of a de-polarized (sick) cell. Consequently, delayed healing, chronic disease, scars, fatigue, and accelerated aging is observed! LLLT reenergizes (repolarizes) injured cell membranes and increases the mitochondria energy by 150%, which speeds and improves the healing process! Red light aids in the production of ATP in cells, which increases cellular health and energy. The radiation (energy) in normal cells stimulates adjacent cells to divide in the normal process of regeneration and healing. Laser light stimulates abnormal tissue to activate normal inter-cellular radiation, thus stimulating the normal healing process to start again. The photons produced by laser light normalize tissue by activating enzymes within cells. Once activated, enzymes within a cell trigger a chemical reaction in which more enzymes are activated in a domino-type effect.
THIRD, Mr. A. tried to convince his readers that due to some mild research he had done by looking at the Cochrane database that studies reveal that there is little to no conclusive evidence that therapeutic lasers actually produce significant results to warrant attention. This is old, outdated and unreliable information.
The Rebutal: There are over 3,500 positive clinical studies and abstracts showing conclusive evidence of the indisputable therapeutic benefits of healing lasers. Cold Laser Therapy (CLT) has experienced dramatic and explosive growth over the last 40 years, becoming a leading non-invasive therapy. This is a highly effective and powerful healing technology used in tens of thousands of clinical settings throughout the world and NASA even uses it in their space program.
“Uniquely suited to both clinical and individual usage, handheld lasers are an essential therapeutic mainstay over a broad spectrum of treatment applications. Medical specialties including Sports Medicine, Traumatology, Orthopedics, Dental Medicine, Urology, Gynecology, Physical Therapy, Acupuncture & Veterinary Medicine have all developed highly specialized and unique protocols to utilize cold lasers’ unique and effective applications.
Almost all professional sports organizations are now using Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT), many of them extensively. In the US, at the professional level, every sport across the board has incorporated handheld lasers, both as a tremendously effective tool for reducing severity of injuries and greatly speeding recovery, and in a preventative and performance enhancing capacity.”
Jonathan Mather, ND
FOURTH, He blatantly and critically writes, “There are various hypotheses for how LLLT might work, but any mechanism of action remains unclear.”
The Rebutal: This is pure hogwash. We know clearly, How does LLLT work and the results are significant and remarkable. According To “Low Level Laser Therapy” Book
by Jan Turner & Lars Hode (World Renowned Laser Experts),
Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) Produces Significant and Varied Responses:
• Reduces pain by causing the production of natural pain killer endorphins.
• Reduces inflammation by suppressing inflammatory enzymes that create swelling, redness, pain, and heat and enhances the release of anti-inflammatory enzymes.
• Enhances lymphatic drainage, which increases circulation and speeds healing.
• Stimulates the release of helpful healing enzymes.
• Releases tight muscles (both smooth and striated) that create chronic pain, joint problems, and decreased mobility.
• Speeds bone repair by stimulating fibroblastic and osteoblastic proliferation.
• LLLT in the correct frequency appears to be antiviral, antifungal, and antiherpetic.
• Low level laser therapy repolarizes sick or injured cells, allowing them to once again take in oxygen and nutrients and pass out wastes and toxins. LLLT reestablishes the permeability of the cell, while at the same time donating photons to cells and Mitochondria, which is directly converted into AdenosineTriPhosphate (ATP), the chemical energy required by all cells for healing and rejuvenation. With all of these beneficial effects, it’s no wonder that LLLT is used by all sorts of practitioners, hospitals, clinics, vets, kennels and private practices worldwide in all developed countries and has a 30 plus year proven track record.
FIFTH: Mr. A. further writes: “Yes, at the level of fundamental particles, matter is essentially condensed energy.” However, it doesn’t follow that adding energy will improve the functioning of large-scale biological organisms, like us.”
The Rebutal: Really! How short minded is that? Energy is the source of fuel for all biological organisms and creatures here on planet earth. The sun provides energy for all plants and trees. Laser energy is directly converted into chemical energy know as ATP within the cells of humans and animals. Of course the addition of energy, and electrons via laser will improve “the functioning of large-scale biological organisms, like us.”
Sadly, Mr. A. is not qualified to write a review on lasers. He is clearly skeptical and closed-minded when it comes to therapeutic lasers, which he has very little actual experience with. Perhaps he shuns it because he does not understand it?
SIXTH: Mr. A. further makes statements such as, “Claiming a laser can be designed for “meridians” defeats all reason, as they don’t exist.” Such a statement is complete nonsense and clearly reveals his lack of knowledge and sheer skepticism about anything beyond traditional Western Medicine.
The Rebutal: In Addition to 5000 Years of successful use of Chinese Medicine, here is MORE proof that acupuncture works, and that meridians exist.
The existence of the meridian system was further established by French researcher Pierre de Vernejoul, who injected radioactive isotopes into the acupoints of humans and tracked their movement with a special gamma imaging camera. The isotopes traveled thirty centimeters along acupuncture meridians within four to six minutes. Vernejoul then challenged his work by injecting isotopes into blood vessels at random areas of the body rather than into acupoints. The isotopes did not travel in the same manner at all, further indicating that the meridians do indeed comprise a system of separate pathways within the body.
Further evidence to the existence of Meridians and energy pathways has been established with Biophotonics in the infrared and spectral range, which reveals the acupuncture structure of the body. According to: Schlebush KP, Maric-Oehler W, Popp FA. International Institute of Biophysics,
• “Light channels” appeared on the body, which appear to be identical to what are known as meridians in all textbooks of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM).
• These findings appear not only to confirm the existence of acupuncture meridians, but they also open a new window on understanding the energy pathways of the body.
IN SUMMARY: While Mr. A. seems to shun the possibility that low level lasers can be truly effective due to his limited research and probably even more limited personal experience with the lasers. Let’s take a look at what the professional and scientific community has concluded.
The effectiveness of Low Level Lasers has been scientifically studied and proven extensively throughout the world in over 3500 publications:
Low level lasers have been used world-wide for nearly 40 years and there are over 3500 studies, which show that low level lasers induce a host of therapeutics benefits including:
(1) REDUCE PAIN by stimulating cells to produce their own endorphins, a natural pain killer
(2) PROMOTE FASTER HEALING by stimulating cells to increase the production of two major healing enzymes by as much as 75%
(3) REDUCE INFLAMMATION by deactivating 7 of the 9 enzymes that cause inflammation by as much as 75%
(4) INCREASE BONE REPAIR SPEED by stimulating fibroblastic and osteoblastic proliferation
(5) RELAX MUSCLES and muscle spasms
(6) DECREASE SWELLING by stimulating lymphatic drainage
(7) ENHANCE THE IMMUNE SYSTEM by increasing the number of “killer” cells by 400-900%, and most importantly
(8) RE-ENERGIZE CELL MEMBRANES to allow transport of essential nutrients across cell walls (nutrients will not cross an injured or sick cell wall, thus slowing healing) allowing the growth and proliferation of healthy cells
(9) IT IS CONCLUDED that the changes in the stereochemical conformation by a therapeutic/cold laser induced electro magnetic field leads to an increase in activity, and improves the concentration of AdenosineTriPhosphate (ATP) by up to 200%. An increase in oxygen & glucose metabolism is also observed. The main effect is an optimized function of the Na-K pump at the cell membrane, an increased protein synthesis (prostaglandin, enzyme) and a significantly higher rate of mitosis.
I have personally experienced nearly 100 different laser and light therapy devices and a good number of them are quite effective. I have witnessed the beneficial effects of Therapeutic Lasers with hundreds of individuals over 8 years. I have spoken with at least 100 practitioners who have told me extensive success stories of their personal experiences in treating people and animals with cold lasers.
In this industry you tend to get what you pay for, and if you buy a “cheap laser” you can expect to get marginal results. However, not all lasers are created equal. There are some amazing technologies out there and an ever-expanding list of methods or techniques to use them. If you want an extremely useful, therapeutic healing tool that really works well, then consider getting a therapeutic laser that combines multiple wavelengths and healing technologies into a single device. Cold lasers work extremely well by themselves, however combining them with other technologies into a single device can often have the benefit of increasing the overall effectiveness. The desired effect of cell regeneration, healing, rejuvenation, rehabilitation and freedom from pain is increased by the combined quantum power of numerous healing energies working together.
Learn more about Cold Laser and Therapeutic Lasers at: www.Quantum-Healing-Lasers.com
© Kalon Prensky 2011 - Kalon can be reached by calling 808-870-0348